The Montessori School of Raleigh is looking for an innovative, motivated, hard-working Athletic Director and Physical Education/Health teacher for the 2018-2019 school year. Responsibilities will include working with Elementary students (1st-6th) and staff as well as with Middle and Upper School (7th-12th) students and staff. The candidate will develop and supervise the physical education program, athletic administration, and overall health education at the school. An ideal candidate is dynamic, committed to learning and growing as a professional, willing and able to collaborate with colleagues and parents. A Bachelor’s degree in athletic administration, physical education, or a related discipline is preferred and must have experience working with children. MSR is accredited by AMS and SACS. The school offers a strong benefit package. Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
• Teach physical education and health classes as assigned by administration
• Provide safety instruction to students and establish standards of student behavior to provide productive environment for physical education and to ensure the optimal condition and safety of all athletic equipment, facilities, fields, and courts.
• Cultivate in each student an understanding of and commitment to exercise and physical conditioning, health education, and personal hygiene.
• Identify and develop the talents of students in individual, dual, and team physical activities and sports.
• Ensure that all coaching positions are filled with competent and properly trained coaches and provide that all coaches perform their duties with the highest level of professionalism.
• Organize and coordinate the school’s athletic programs which includes preparing and implementing an annual departmental budget, Scheduling all athletic events, arranging for transportation, hiring all game officials, and attending or enlisting a school representative to attend all home games.
• Represent the school at various state, regional, and national athletic associations.
• Maintain records of team and individual athletic accomplishments.
• Participate in committee, department, and staff meetings as well as school-sponsored events.
• Assume responsibility for other projects as assigned by the Head of School.