We are currently seeking energetic and highly motivated individuals to join our team as Janitors. The ideal candidates for this position are detail-oriented, flexible and willing to take on non-routine cleaning and special projects as the need arises. The Janitors will be responsible for cleaning and sanitizing classrooms and offices, meeting rooms, bathrooms, and public areas by sweeping, mopping, trash removal, cleaning glass, mirrors, kitchens and other duties involved in maintaining the highest level of cleanliness in the school.
This is an hourly part-time position and does not come with any benefits.
• Perform general clean up of all areas of the building as directed
• Manage routine upkeep of exterior areas, green space and parking lot
• Complete non-routine cleaning according to specified job orders
• Remove garbage and recycling daily and prepare bins for weekly pick-up
• Handle emergency cleaning and upkeep requests
• Ensure rooms are maintained and fully equipped
Skills and Experience:
• 1+ year janitorial experience preferred
• High school diploma/GED required
• Willingness to work early morning or evening shifts
• Ability to work well under minimal supervision
• Capacity to take direction
• Strong attention to detail
• Physically capable of lifting and moving objects up to 30 pounds as necessary
• Must pass background check
• Must speak, read and write English
• Must have car and good driving record
• Must be able to pass background check and drug screening
• Must work well under pressure
• Have the ability to organize and manage multiple tasks efficiently
• Must pay attention to detail and have good follow through skills
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.