Department: Buildings & Grounds
Reports to: Director of Buildings & Grounds/ Director of Business Operations
Purpose of the Job
Maintenance Assistant perform a wide variety of maintenance, repair, grounds keeping and other interior and exterior maintenance duties for the school under the supervision of the Director of Buildings and Grounds.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
• Show respect for School Community (i.e. administrators, faculty, staff, parents and students) at all times, providing excellent service with a positive attitude
• Perform routine interior and exterior maintenance duties as scheduled & requested; may include painting, snow/ice removal, gutter cleaning, replacing filters, working with ongoing program needs, etc.
• Perform routine maintenance and repair on School Community equipment to include: plumbing, light bulb replacement, A/C maintenance, electrical, carpentry and mechanical repair
• Respond to all repair requests and maintenance concerns from administrators, teachers and staff
• Report equipment malfunctions or breakdowns as well as any hazardous conditions to the Director of Buildings & Grounds in a timely manner
• Ensure that all maintenance items are kept in a safe area
• Attend in-service training and education sessions, as assigned
• Work with vendors as instructed, including vendors for landscaping, painting asphalt, etc.
• Must follow all safety/OSHA Requirements
• May support various renovation activities
• Additional duties as assigned
• Organization Skills-Can marshal resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently arranges information and files in a useful manner
• Action Oriented- Is action oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; appropriately responsive to unscheduled repair needs that may arise
• School Community Focus- Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external School Community; gets first-hand School Community information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with School Community in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with School Community and gains their trust and respect.
• Perseverance-Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of setbacks or interruptions.
• Functional/Technical Skills- Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
• Problem Solving- Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Must understand and have ability to repair, plumbing, electrical, basic carpentry and mechanical systems
• Must be available to work days and evenings, weekdays, and weekends
• Must demonstrate ability to provide exceptional School Community service
• Must demonstrate ability to successfully work on a team
• Must be able to clearly communicate both orally and in writing
• Must have a valid Driver license
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs
Education and Background:
• Must be a minimum 18 years of age
• High School degree or equivalent
• 1-3 years previous maintenance experience desired preferably in a similar facility
Please send a cover letter and your resume to Ms. Lind at email@example.com.