It is a requirement of the programme that students study at least one course in mathematics; computer science is an elective.
Four courses in mathematics are available:
- mathematical studies standard level
- mathematics SL
- mathematics higher level
- further mathematics higher level
These four courses serve to accommodate the range of needs, interests and abilities of students, and to fulfill the requirements of various university and career aspirations.
The aims of these courses are to enable students to:
- develop mathematical knowledge, concepts and principles
- develop logical, critical and creative thinking
- employ and refine their powers of abstraction and generalization
Students are also encouraged to appreciate the international dimensions of mathematics and the multiplicity of its cultural and historical perspectives.
The following courses are available online:
- Mathematics SL
- Mathematics HL
© International Baccalaureate Organization, 2005-2018