Middle/Upper School English/Humanities Teacher for the 2018-2019 school year
MSR seeks a full-time teacher to teach English and Humanities at the Middle and Upper School beginning in August of 2018. The successful candidate will partner with a cohesive educational team that collectively ensures the delivery of a rich and rigorous interdisciplinary curriculum that prepares students for the International Baccalaureate Diploma Program. This position will include advising a group of 8-12 students as well as participating in trips and extracurricular activities.
* Teach English and Humanities to 7th through 10th grade students
* Advise students
* Lead or support occupations (clubs), intersessions and other extracurricular activities
* Chaperone trips, both nationally and abroad
* Bachelor’s degree in the content area (advanced degree preferred)
* At least five years of full-time teaching experience in English and/or Humanities instruction
* Commitment to integration of disciplines
* Ability to contribute to the Middle and Upper School community through occupations, intersessions, trips and other extracurricular activities
* Creative, energetic, warm personality and good organizational skills.
* Must be able to communicate effectively orally and in writing with administrators, parents, students and co-worker
* An understanding of, and belief in, Montessori methodology and philosophy is essential
MSR offers a highly competitive combination of salary and benefits, including relocation to one of the country’s most attractive areas.
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.