The Montessori School of Raleigh is looking for an innovative, motivated, hard-working Physical Education/Health teacher for the 2018-2019 school year. Responsibilities will include working with Elementary students (K-6th) and staff as well as with Middle and Upper School (7th-12th) students and staff. The candidate will develop and supervise the physical education program and overall health education at the school. An ideal candidate is dynamic, committed to learning and growing as a professional, willing and able to collaborate with colleagues and parents. A Bachelor’s degree in athletic administration, physical education, or a related discipline is preferred and must have experience working with children. MSR is accredited by AMS and SACS. The school offers a strong benefit package. Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
• Teach physical education and health classes as assigned by administration
• Provide safety instruction to students and establish standards of student behavior to provide productive environment for physical education and to ensure the optimal condition and safety of all athletic equipment, facilities, fields, and courts.
• Cultivate in each student an understanding of and commitment to exercise and physical conditioning, health education, and personal hygiene.
• Identify and develop the talents of students in individual, dual, and team physical activities and sports.
• Participate in committee, department, and staff meetings as well as school-sponsored events.
• Assume responsibility for other projects as assigned by the Head of School.